Mandazi is actually from East Africa but it is a popular dish in Oman. This of it as a type of donut. It’s delicious! Recipe from: http://www.allthingskenyan.com/food-mandazi.html
Recipe type: Bread
Cuisine: Oman/East Africa
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature and then mix them together. Mix all the ingredients together, adding more flour if necessary.
- The dough should be soft, but not sticky.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured board until it is about ¼ inch think.
- Cut into triangles and fry in hot oil (have your parents help you with this). Fry until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove mandazi from oil and drain on paper towels or newspaper.
- Serve warm and enjoy!